Monday, August 18, 2008

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

I found myself watching a Chinese yo-yo competition while Aidan napped. It was actually better than all the Olympic coverage and took me back to my 7th grade days with a Duncan yo-yo. But today was a good day overall and we are one day closer to getting home.

This morning we went shopping just walking around the local area near the hotel. Picked up a few things that we had our eye on. Especially a nice tea set that will go great in our china hutch. I guess if you have a china hutch you ought to have something in it actually from China.
After lunch and an Aidan nap we hustled down to the lobby for a group picture with all the other Holt International families. Trying to get everyone to look at the camera simultaneously with squirming babies is an impossibility. There was a good shot or two:























After some room service dinner, mostly just to feed Aidan, we left for a river cruise to see the neon light displays along the Pearl River. We had Papa Johns deliver pizza right to the dock before we boarded the boat. Pictures don't quite do it justice, but have a look:



























Despite more of our group falling under the weather, including me, today was a good day. The trip takes its toll, that's for sure. We are all ready to go home.


And finally, your daily poopy fix. Aidan again went number two (and number one) on the potty and we have pictures to prove it. Enjoy:

PS - I haven't forgotten about that other story that has so far gone unreported. After I get back I'll post it for those that don't know. The mystery continues...

No comments: